Feeling low often?
From time to time we can all feel sad, miserable and fed up. While these are understandable reactions to upsetting or stressful events and experiences, it is also quite normal to experience them for no reason at all. But if they persist, they can be signs of depression.
Depression affects one in six of us, with common symptoms including lack of motivation, difficulties in concentration, pessimism, sleep disturbances, irritability, crying, suicidal thoughts, social withdrawal, changes in appetite, loss of sex drive and lack of enthusiasm and pleasure.
If you are suffering from depression you won’t find easy or quick relief. Your feelings of sadness can continue for weeks and months, and interfere significantly in your relationships, employment and health.
Depression counselling and psychotherapy
It’s important to remember is that you’re not alone, and help is at hand.
It could be that you are suffering from depression and may benefit from depression counsellors or psychotherapists if you have several of the symptoms listed below:
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Feeling restless, irritable and agitated
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Lack of interest in sex
- Avoiding other people, even close friends and relatives
- Feeling useless, inadequate and hopeless
- Difficulty sleeping, waking up early, or sleeping more
- Physical symptoms such as pain, headaches, lack of energy
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Getting no pleasure from life or activities you used to enjoy
- Thoughts of suicide
Talking to a therapist will help you get to the bottom of the underlying causes of your depression by working with you to examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that are contributing to your low mood.
Therapy can help you tackle your depression and move forward with a more positive outlook on your life.
Call or email us today and begin the process of working through depression.